Breast Cancer Awareness
Women of Faith is a proud supporter of National Breast Cancer Foundation. 20% of purchase price from sales of the merchandise on this page ($1 for each book shown) will be donated to the National Breast Foundation.* Recognized as one of the leading breast cancer organizations in the world, National Breast Cancer Foundation’s mission is to save lives through early detection and to provide mammograms for those in need. By providing funding for educational programs and mammograms, NBCF helps save the lives of thousands of uninsured women by reaching them at a vulnerable time in their lives and ensuring their good breast healthcare. The Foundation also contributes a portion of its income to research. Learn more at nbcf.org.
Join the Fight Against Breast Cancer
• Every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and one woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes
• This year more than 232,000 new cases of breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in the U.S.
• 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will develop breast cancer during her lifetime. Breast cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer deaths in US women, exceeded only by lung cancer.
• 2,240 men are expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer this year and 440 are predicted to die.
• When breast cancer is found early, in the localized stage, the five year survival rate is 98%. This is good news!
• Over 2.9 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the US today.
Source: American Cancer Society
*VOID in the following states: AL, HI, IL, MA, ME, MS and SC. Some restrictions apply.